Posted on Nov 12, 2020
Six Measures to Help Track & Limit the spread
Alberta’s NDP Official Opposition is calling for six pro-active and non-restrictive measures that could reduce transmission and change the trajectory of Alberta’s case numbers.
- Reverse the plan to fire 11,000 frontline hospital workers.
- Faster turnaround for testing results and public reporting of turnaround times.
- Hire more than 1,300 human contact tracers
- Immediately make the COVID-19 national contact tracing app operational in Alberta.
- Introduce a COVID-19 Risk Index that gives business the ability to plan for moving up or down a stage of the relaunch strategy.
- Develop and publish a provincial staffing plan for continuing care facilities.
In April, Jason Kenney said the COVID-19 pandemic is the greatest challenge of our generation. Our daily case counts are more than 10 times what they were in April and I worry that the Premier has lost focus on the gravity of the situation. We do not want to see another lockdown and the way to avoid that is to take this seriously now. - Rachel Notley